We invite all school nurses—and any other school staff who may be responsible for administering Narcan®—to attend our Opioids & Naxolone Training. This virtual event is hosted by the Rayce Rudeen Foundation in collaboration with the WSU College of Pharmacy.
The training will cover:
- Washington State’s mandate of naloxone
- Current data about the increase in opioid use, especially fentanyl
- How naloxone works in the body and its role in opioid reversal
- Identifying signs and symptoms of possible overdose situations where naloxone might be warranted
- When to use it (identifying signs of overdose)
- The different types of naloxone and how to administer them
- How to apply the steps for responding to an opioid overdose
- School protocol, storage of Narcan®, and best practices/staff support after administration of Narcan®
- Protocol for supporting students who received naloxone and their families
Clock hours will be available through pdEnroller. W
for more information as we get closer to the training date!